Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
SigTEL 4 Line Controller
For most people, a simple instruction like “please leave the building by the nearest available exit” can be acted upon quickly and easily. But for wheelchair users, the disabled and infirm, this isn’t always the case. Current Building Regulations recognise this and insist all new non-domestic buildings with more than one storey provide ‘refuge’ areas – relatively safe places where people who cannot easily use fire escapes and evacuation lifts can call for assistance and wait until help arrives.
Simple, effective two-way communication in these areas is essential, firstly to assist rescue teams in determining where assistance is required and secondly to reassure people help is on the way. Communication systems in refuge areas are known as Emergency Voice Communication (EVC) Systems and SigTEL is suitable for use in all types of EVC application – be it a disabled refuge, fire telephone or stadium marshalling system. Incredibly easy to use and offering true duplex speech, SigTEL meets and exceeds the requirements of standards such as BS 5839 part 9 in all areas and is hugely cost-effective in comparison to other systems on the market.
- Ideal for disabled refuge, fire telephone and stadium marshalling applications.
- Allows operators to communicate with up to four disabled refuge or fire telephone outstations.
- Expandable to 12 lines using an ECU-8 expansion unit.
- Networking facility allows up to four controllers (plus any expansion units) to be interlinked allowing systems of up to 64 lines to be implemented.
- Supplied with a backlit LCD and handset.
- True duplex speech.
- Unique ‘auto-learn’ facility allows fast system set up.
- Can be semi-flush mounted using an AFP385 bezel.
- Operation can be maintained for 24 hours (standby) and 3 hours (in use) using 2 x 12V 7 Ahr batteries.
- Easily interfaced to NC951 accessible toilet alarms, PDA audio-frequency induction loop systems, strobes, CCTV activation relays, etc.